Christmas Light Show
Experience the wonder and excitement of a spectacular Christmas moment at the Elliott Family Holiday Extravaganza!
An annual Christmas light show that is sure to create fond Christmas memories year after year! Ever since 2015 the Elliott Family has been hosting thousands of visitors who make the trip to their home at 1899 Callis Road in South Hill, VA to see an amazing Christmas display that is synchronized to music. Visitors enjoy all of their holiday favorites with a few surprises thrown in between that are sure to bring laughter and joy to young and old alike. What started out as a request of “Honey can you put some Christmas lights up this year?” has blossomed into an event that attracts thousands of people each Christmas season!
The Elliott Family has even created theme nights so that you can be sure to hear the Christmas songs that bring back those fond memories of Christmas past. Friday nights usually are dedicated to the youngest among us with classic songs such as Frozen, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and even a rendition of I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas along with many many more songs that are rotated in and out each year based on what is popular for the season. Saturday nights are devoted to a mix of old and new class Christmas songs that are sure to make you smile and have your foot tapping along with the beat and singing along in your car!
A little about the display:
- The display covers a total of 3 acres and consists of over 60,000 RGB lights known as pixels. Each pixel/light is capable of displaying over 16 million colors and is 100% computer controlled by a little Raspberry Pi in their home office.
- There are 4 huge megatrees, 2 large pixel matrix screens, 32 mini trees, 40 candy canes, 16 snowflakes, 3 large mega snowflakes, countless icicle lights, 8 large spinners, 300 light stakes, 20 arches, 15 stars, 2 large geo wreaths, Faith, Hope, Joy & Love signs and for good measure 6 old fashion Christmas wreaths!
- The Elliott Family works on the display all year but starts setting up in September and does not finish until mid-November. Sometimes they even through in a Halloween show!
- Approximately 800-1000 hours of work goes into putting on the display and creating the show each year.
- The display features up to 3 hours of Christmas songs that are played each night on Monday – Thursday and new for 2021 you can go to ElliottFamilyHolidays.com and request your favorite song from the playlist and it will automatically play for you!
Parking & Littering
- Parking is one of the biggest challenges of any large Christmas light display. The Elliott family can accommodate up to 60 cars within viewing distance of the display at any given time if all of the available parking is used. There is a large parking lot beyond the end of the cul da sac that can host over 30 cars that will remained outlined in low light so that it is visible. The Elliott Family asks that as cars arrive and exit that everyone tries to pull down and make use of all available spots.
- Please be considerate and once you have parked, please turn off your headlights and leave on your parking lights.
- Also, please leave with everything you came with including your trash. Nothing discourages Christmas spirit and motivation to do a lightshow more then having to clean up someone else’s trash each day. There have been several trash cans placed around the parking area and we encourage people to use them if they really need to throw something away.
- It is recommended you leave your car running and not turn it off to listen to and watch the show. Many visitors have depleted their batteries and required a jump start to make the trip home.
- Weekends have the longest lines and wait times. Monday – Thursday is usually pretty light, and you are able to get a good spot up front. Come EARLY on the weekends as the show starts promptly at 6pm.
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
NEW for 2021!
Magical Santa Moments and visits with Santa!
Check out our Magical Santa Moments Page
Show Times on Friday thru Sunday!
The show will start at the top of every hour, run 45-50 minutes, and have a 10–15-minute intermission for vehicles to leave and the next group to come in and park.
There will be a static intermission with announcements so people understand what is happening and when the show will start.
On Monday – Thursday you can go to ElliottFamilyHolidays.com and request your favorite song from the playlist and it will automatically play for you!
For more information about Santa Zeb’s availability
call or text (434) 774-5429
or click here to fill in the form on the Contact Page
Please contact us for a personalized quote for your event.